Ensure sustained support of mission and vision.
- Design and build a trail that is fun, enjoyable, safe and satisfying for patrons.
- Connect people and the outdoors by developing programming along the trail.
- Manage and engage volunteers.
- Pursue and cultivate “grasstops” political relationships
Develop communication and fundraising programs to move trail forward.
- Identify potential funding sources (private and public).
- Develop a PlyWood Trail web site.
- Build marketing and fundraising plans.
- Create and evaluate naming rights or markers in which to raise funds.
- Build a network of patrons and supporters who will partner in fundraising efforts.
Ensure sustainable, comprehensive maintenance program for the trail.
- Develop an operations manual
- Develop a policy manual
- Ensure portion of dollars raised goes toward maintenance
Contribute to the social, economic, environmental and community health of the region.
- Capitalize on the benefits of bicycling in the local economy.
- Improve safety by encouraging bicyclists and motorists to share the road safely.
- Support efforts to make Siouxland a tourist destination.
- Develop a culture of hospitality for trail users in Le Mars, Hinton, Merrill and Sioux City.
- Work with public entities and/or Chambers of Commerce to market the development of PlyWood Trail to existing and prospective area businesses.